[Marxism] Aleppo

Louis Proyect lnp3 at panix.com
Wed Feb 17 18:09:12 MST 2016

On 2/17/16 7:15 PM, Ken Hiebert via Marxism wrote

> I got this on another list.  Interesting to compare the video with the claims made for it.
> 				ken h
>

> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=98_aua4jbeQ
>
> This excellent interview with Peter Oborne, a daily mail reporter recently returned from Syria, quite brilliantly makes the irrefutable points that:
> 1) Assad’s forces are widely supported and the ‘good guys’ in Aleppo
> 2) IS/AL-Nusra and other western-backed jihadis are responsible for the refugee crisis, cutting off water supplies, halving the population of Aleppo, etc.
> 3) The Jihadis were the force that were besieging Aleppo for the past 4 years – but the west did not report the suffering they were causing to the population.
> 4) Now the Jihadis have been defeated, and they find themselves under siege and at the point of collapse.
> 5) Our western press is full of support for the Jihadis – reporting their defeat and rout at the hands of government forces as the cause of the suffering of the people of Aleppo – when in fact the reverse is true.
> 6) That the people of Aleppo overwhelmingly support Assad, and their quiet heroism is a huge factor in defeating the western-backed jihadis.
> Please watch and pass on this excellent interview.
> http://redyouth.org/2016/02/16/siege-of-aleppo-defeated/

Oborne is a horse's ass who the Putinites at http://off-guardian.org/
have cited, maybe even the article referred to above.

http://off-guardian.org/2016/02/11/uk-columnist-in-aleppo-the-besiegers-are-now-the-besieged/

The basic problem for shithooks like Oborne and the "red youth" passing
along his talking points is that EVERYBODY opposed to Assad is ipso
facto a jihadi.