[Marxism] Carnage in Syria a Product of US Empowerment of Saudi Arabia--really?

Louis Proyect lnp3 at panix.com
Thu Feb 18 13:09:47 MST 2016

On 2/18/16 3:01 PM, Andrew Pollack wrote:
> I read Part 1 yesterday (the linked Part 2 has video but no transcript,
> only comments). I'll be damned if I can find it now, but as I remember
> Prashad uses the phrase "proxies of the Saudis and Turkey" about 10
> times, with no other reference to any of Assad's opponents.

He definitely is critical of Iran and Russia in part two, more so than
Paul Jay who is dreadful. The problem is this idea that Saudi backed
rebels have wreaked havoc in Syria. When the history of this bloody
affair is written, it will likely assert that once a city or town came
under rebel control, it became the target of what Chomsky called state
terrorism. It is really so disconcerting that so many people who swear
by Chomsky fail to see this.