[Marxism] Fwd: Why Apple Is Right to Challenge an Order to Help th e F.B.I. - The New York Times

Jim Farmelant farmelantj at juno.com
Fri Feb 19 05:19:21 MST 2016

Before the Snowden revelations, big tech companies like Microsoft, Google, Facebook,  and Apple, would usually quietly comply with court orders like that Apple received. Since Snowden, it's now a whole new ballgame. Being seen to comply with a court order like that could cost them big bucks, especially in international markets.

In other words, I think Apple is not just taking a principled stand against government overreach but is also making a hardheaded business decision.

And in the past, these companies would often comply with the demands from other governments too. They all have a history of complying with demands from the Chinese government for instance. Nowadays, to be seen doing that could cost them big time as well..

Jim Farmelant
http://independent.academia.edu/JimFarmelant
http://www.foxymath.com
Learn or Review Basic Math