[Marxism] Fwd: Investment, investment, investment | Michael Roberts Blog

Louis Proyect lnp3 at panix.com
Sat Feb 20 05:54:29 MST 2016

(I'll have to give this article careful attention but it would seem to
me that investment is being neglected because there is no demand. Why
invest in new steel mills when there is not an expanding market in the
manufactured goods that are based on the output of basic industry like
steel, rubber, petrochemicals, etc.?)

This blog continually hammers home the view that it is investment not
consumption that is the key to economic growth.  Fluctuations in
business investment in a predominantly business, profit-making economy
decide, in the first analysis, whether output expands or contracts;
whether there is a boom or slump.  This view is contrary to that of
Keynesian economics, which although it appears to recognise that
investment plays an important role, sees investment and consumption
spending (domestic demand) as driving employment, output and incomes and
profit – in that order – not vice versa.

full:
https://thenextrecession.wordpress.com/2016/02/19/investment-investment-investment/