[Marxism] Fwd: Facing the Counter-Revolution: A review of Burning Country, by Robin Yassin-Kassab and Leila Al-Shami | anarchistnews.org

Louis Proyect lnp3 at panix.com
Sat Feb 20 06:50:39 MST 2016

(I'll tell you the truth. My admiration for anarchists grew
exponentially since 2011. I could never deal with the black block
nonsense but the anarchists were smart enough and principled enough not
to carry around the "anti-imperialist" baggage. They understood the need
for seeing things in class terms rather than the geopolitical chess
game, bless their hearts.)

Anti-authoritarians Leila Al-Shami and Robin Yassin-Kassab look back
over the past fifteen years of resistance movements in Syria, to
understand the anarchistic currents that emerged during the revolution
that began in 2011. Although this revolution has gone farther than any
other in recent memory, it is poorly understand and has received little
support. With Burning Country: Syrians in Revolution and War, the
authors seek to change that.

full:
http://anarchistnews.org/content/facing-counter-revolution-review-burning-country-robin-yassin-kassab-and-leila-al-shami