[Marxism] New on Redline

Philip Ferguson philipferguson8 at gmail.com
Sat Feb 20 16:43:25 MST 2016

Tony Norfield's 'The City: London and the global power of finance' (this
book comes from Tony's PhD on British imperialism today):
https://rdln.wordpress.com/2016/02/19/tony-norfields-the-city-london-and-the-global-power-of-finance/

Small win for the firefighters:
https://rdln.wordpress.com/2016/02/16/small-win-for-firefighters/
This is a tiny article about a small dispute but is one of our most
successful articles; when the firefighters union put it up on their
facebook page, it had 7,000 views in the first 24 hours.

This month marks 65th anniversary of the single most significant dispute in
NZ labour history, the 1951 waterfront lockout.  Our lockout material can
be linked to here:
https://rdln.wordpress.com/2016/02/13/the-1951-waterfront-lockout-began-65-years-ago-today/

Maori, identity, equity and the economy:
https://rdln.wordpress.com/2016/02/13/maori-equity-and-the-economy/
Redliner Daphna Whitmore looks at some recent work by Ross Himona on the
way in which cultural constructions are hindering the fight for the
material things Maori need to improve their position

Maori rich-poor divide reflects world trend:
https://rdln.wordpress.com/2016/02/06/maori-rich-poor-divide-reflects-world-trend/
While Maori remain disproportionately poor, there is now a clearly
identifiable Maori rich elite and substantial Maori middle class

Building the Irish revolutionary movement:
https://rdln.wordpress.com/2016/01/29/interview-with-john-mccusker-a-leading-figure-in-eirigi/

Resistance movements during World War 2:
https://rdln.wordpress.com/2016/01/23/14129/

Who pays for free education?:
https://rdln.wordpress.com/2016/02/04/who-pays-for-free-education/

And a couple of Michael Roberts' excellent pieces:
New recession coming:
https://rdln.wordpress.com/2016/02/16/new-recession-coming/
Global GDP no good news for capitalism:
https://rdln.wordpress.com/2016/02/03/global-gdp-no-good-news-for-capitalism/