[Marxism] Fwd: Gov. Paul LePage of Maine, a Christie Supporter, Makes Racially Charged Remarks - First Draft. Political News, Now. - The New York Times

Louis Proyect lnp3 at panix.com
Fri Jan 8 09:09:01 MST 2016

During an event Wednesday night in Maine, Gov. Paul R. LePage, a
Republican, described the heroin trade in his state, suggesting it was
being fueled by outsiders.

“These are guys with the name D-Money, Smoothie, Shifty — these types of
guys,” he said. “They come from Connecticut and New York, they come up
here, they sell their heroin, they go back home,” Mr. LePage told the
crowd, according to The Portland Press Herald.

“Incidentally,” he added, “half the time they impregnate a young, white
girl before they leave, which is a real sad thing, because then we have
another issue we have to deal with down the road.”

http://www.nytimes.com/politics/first-draft/2016/01/07/gov-paul-lepage-of-maine-a-christie-supporter-makes-racially-charged-remarks/