[Marxism] Exploiting women for reactionary and race-baiting campaigns (was: Hundreds of sexual assaults in Cologne - what the hell happened – any answers from German list members?)

Kathleen McCook klmccook at gmail.com
Sun Jan 10 07:47:37 MST 2016

of course. it could not be real to most men.this has not happened to you.
you feel better dismissing it? you do not want women in the public sphere?
it happens. it happens in subways. it happens in concert crowds. it happens
anywhere some think they can get away with it and women usually just move
away and on--because we have learned --as on this list--that many men will
be dismissive.  it may be reassuring to you to think this is only a
political tactic, but it but it is a real thing that happens to women and
depresses our engagement in the world.
and this list cannot understand at all. it is always the women's
fault..either for being out in the world or finally having courage to speak
up because there were so many women in this case and then have it dismissed
once again.
Why not begin with the pain of the women's assault and violation? You make
the victims twice over by seeing this as political theater.

--Kathleen
http://hrlibs.blogspot.com/