[Marxism] Ricardo Duchesne

Louis Proyect lnp3 at panix.com
Mon Jan 18 17:41:21 MST 2016

I don't know how many Marmmailers or PEN-L'ers are familiar with this
guy nowadays since he is no longer much of a presence on the Internet.
He was never on Marxmail but on PEN-L where he first came to my
attention as a vehement defender of the Brenner thesis. After a number
of years, he swung completely in the other direction and began attacking
it. As I began reading the chapter on the divergence of West and East of
Anievas/Nisancioglu's "How the West Came to Rule", I was surprised to
see him mentioned as a defender of the idea that the West became
hegemonic because of its "higher intellectual and artistic creativity".
I went to the Wiki entry on him and was shocked to discover that this
sociology professor, who was born in Puerto Rico, has become a full-tilt
racist.

Duchesne is a vehement critic of immigrant multiculturalism[17][18][19]
and political correctness in academe.[20] Since the publication of his
2011 book, Duchesne has been arguing that the multicultural
interpretation of the West is part of a wider effort by established
elites to create heterogeneous race-mixed societies inside all
European-created nations through the promotion of mass immigration.

full: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ricardo_Duchesne