[Marxism] Fwd: Once again on the formal/real subsumption question | Louis Proyect: The Unrepentant Marxist

Louis Proyect lnp3 at panix.com
Sun Jan 24 13:30:21 MST 2016

In my post on “Anglocentrism and the real subsumption of labor”, I
mistakenly attributed Marx’s discussion of formal and real subsumption
to the Grundrisse.. In actually is contained in “The Results of the
Direct Production Process”, which is part of a third draft of Capital
that Marx wrote between the summer of 1863 and the summer of 1864, and
is based on a plan Marx made for the work in December 1862. After
reading it, I find myself troubled by how it fits into Marx’s more
general analysis of the exploitation of labor in light of his statement:

	Just as the production of absolute surplus value can be regarded as the
material expression of the formal subsumption of labour under capital,
so the production of relative surplus value can be regarded as that of
the real subsumption of labour under capital.

full:
http://louisproyect.org/2016/01/24/once-again-on-the-formalreal-subsumption-question/