[Marxism] The Oregon Militia Spokesman Has Been Killed and Its Leaders Detained After FBI Confrontation

Ken Hiebert knhiebert at shaw.ca
Fri Jan 29 01:36:06 MST 2016

A. R. G. said (in part):
Still, the fact that these rightist groups might one day become the Gestapo
does not mean we should ignore the ever-present threat of police abuse. Any
legitimacy they are able to garner by shooting anyone will ultimately be
used to legitimate shooting at leftists, marginalized people, and so forth.
We should always be vigilant.

Ken Hiebert replies:
Was there police abuse in this case?  If there was, then we should say so loudly and unequivocally.

A.R. G. is quite right when he says that the state will use an incident such as this to bolster their legitimacy.  It is also an opportunity for them to demonstrate their armed might.  We should say this.
Beyond that, how should this understanding affect our response in this case?