[Marxism] The Oregon Militia Spokesman Has Been Killed and Its Leaders Detained After FBI Confrontation

Louis Proyect lnp3 at panix.com
Sat Jan 30 08:11:16 MST 2016

On 1/30/16 7:40 AM, ioannis aposperites via Marxism wrote:

> Last, i think that our views have different gravity centers. If i get it
> right, our disagreement would lay on this: For you regarding this Oregon
> issue, the protection of that area is the final and ultimate (and in
> that last respect the liberal lawfulness comes to my mind) goal, while
> for me is just a necessary but intermediate one and consequently, i am
> not prepared to come in terms with the devil in order to achieve it.

Yeah, well, there is no massive support for wolves, bighorn sheep, etc.
in ranching territory. That in combination with the violence the
ranchers have been using with the connivance of local lawmen who have
the same reactionary outlook means that there will be encroachment on
natural habitats. I don't think it is "liberal" to demand that the cops
do their job. In the Deep South, civil rights workers were being killed
left and right in the early 60s. The movement demanded that the FBI find
the killers and arrest them at the same time they held press conferences
and organized rallies. And after they arrested some KKK members, the
campaign continued to find them guilty. Demanding equal treatment by the
cops and courts is a democratic demand. We are for democratic demands.