[Marxism] The Right to Protect

Andrew Pollack acpollack2 at gmail.com
Wed Jun 1 12:56:24 MDT 2016

What a heartless, pompous dirtbag.

I know, I know, there's no way Prashad could have anticipated that Putin
would destroy another hospital, killing dozens, the same week as his column
was published.

But that's OK because the babies murdered in their hospital beds were
"eliciting state violence."

Prashad's ivory tower callousness is even more galling since today is the
deadline by which the US, the UN et al. had promised to launch airdrops of
food and medicine if the Assad/Nasrallah/Putin/Rouhani checkpoints were not
removed. (Not that we ever believed the deadline would be met).

But that too is OK, because the elderly and toddlers starving to death were
"eliciting state violence."

He ends with a call for "the kind of reforms" - social, economic, etc. -
which could prevent war-inducing situations. But of course it's for
demanding such reforms that Syrians have been shot down like dogs by
Prashad's favorite despots.

Prashad's column is at:
https://zcomm.org/znetarticle/987049/