[Marxism] Fwd: F.B.I. Steps Up Use of Stings in ISIS Cases - The New York Times

Louis Proyect lnp3 at panix.com
Wed Jun 8 07:26:40 MDT 2016

Court records and interviews give a glimpse of the aggressive undercover
methods that have become typical in investigations once the F.B.I.
identifies someone as a possible threat.

In Rochester, a paid informant went undercover and drove a man suspected
of being an Islamic extremist, Emanuel Lutchman, to a Walmart in
December to buy a machete, ski masks, zip ties and other supplies for a
would-be terrorist attack on New Year’s Eve. Because Mr. Lutchman, a
mentally ill panhandler, had no money, the informant covered the $40 cost.

full: http://www.nytimes.com/2016/06/08/us/fbi-isis-terrorism-stings.html