[Marxism] Encounter with a NY Times film critic

Louis Proyect lnp3 at panix.com
Fri Jun 10 06:39:35 MDT 2016

On 6/9/16 9:40 PM, Ernestleif wrote:
> Not sure if true but my uncle once said he believed A.O. Scott had some
> CP blood. If so I wouldn't be surprised. In addition to Scott I've long felt that Manola Dargis is more sensitive to issues of race in films than the average critic.

Received this today:

It's been clear to me for a long time that Scott is some sort of
leftist. I just checked him out on wikipedia. He's the great-nephew of
Eli Wallach.

Eli Wallach's brother Sam was the head of the CP-led Teacher Union.

from the Tamiment finding aid on the Sam Wallach Papers:
http://dlib.nyu.edu/findingaids/html/tamwag/tam_241/bioghist.html

Sam begat Joan Wallach Scott wrote this about her father:
http://www.dreamersandfighters.com/wallach/inter_wallach.aspx

Here's the Britannica entry on Joan:
http://www.britannica.com/biography/Joan-Wallach-Scott

And Joan begat Anthony Oliver Scott.