[Marxism] Claims of Khomeini's anti-imperialism exposed once and for all

Ken Hiebert knhiebert at shaw.ca
Sat Jun 11 22:05:44 MDT 2016

Yassamine Mather said (in part):

Direct quotes from the documents destroy once and for all illusions
about the coming to power of the Islamic Republic of Iran, which are
held not just by Islamists, but sections of the left, in Iran and
worldwide. In case anyone is in any doubt, ayatollah Khomeini was not
the ‘brave third world leader’ who defied and defeated US imperialism.
On the contrary, he was the man who ended a revolutionary process,..

Ken Hiebert replies:
Although she is writing on another topic, Mather's reference to the left is tantalizing.  I would certainly like to look at the various left currents and assess the validity of their political line on Iran.
But Mather makes no further references to the left.  We don't find out who it was who referred to Khomeini as a ‘brave third world leader.’