[Marxism] Fwd: EWG Cancer Prevention | EWG Cancer Prevention | The Pollution in People

Louis Proyect lnp3 at panix.com
Wed Jun 15 05:46:54 MDT 2016

More than 1,400 chemicals and chemical groups are known or likely
carcinogens. Through industrial applications, consumer products and
food, water and air, Americans are exposed daily to these cancer-causing
compounds, which invade the body and build up in blood and urine.

Federal health officials have measured many of these chemicals in our
systems but the scope and range of carcinogenic pollution in people,
known as body burden, has not been tallied – until now.

Through a review of the scientific literature and publicly available
human biomarker datasets, EWG compiled the first comprehensive inventory
of known or likely carcinogens that have been measured in people. We
found that up to 420 known or likely carcinogens have been measured in a
diverse array of populations.

full: http://www.ewg.org/cancer/the-pollution-in-people.php