[Marxism] Fwd: Radical Leisure by Eva Swidler • Monthly Review

Gary MacLennan gary.maclennan1 at gmail.com
Sat Jun 18 06:34:31 MDT 2016

Yes it is an interesting article, and we do need to be much more ambitions
and Utopian in our politics.  But the problem is that unemployment is not
leisure. Work and leisure exist together in a complex dialectic, and
Swidler sort of admits that.

The toxic impact of the destruction of the Indigenous economy here in
Australia has contributed to a dreadful situation in the former reserves.
In community after community there have been no jobs for decades.

Might return to this topic if I get the time.

comradely

Gary

On Sat, Jun 18, 2016 at 2:27 AM, Louis Proyect via Marxism <