[Marxism] Fwd: ZCommunications » We Need A United Left

Louis Proyect lnp3 at panix.com
Mon Jun 27 06:19:20 MDT 2016

Michael Albert, what a jackass.

"What I should say is, yes, a large turnout for the Greens (and perhaps
the abstention vote, too) can help inspire and even develop an
organized, sustained opposition. But, to accumulate Green votes or
abstentions and have Trump win would undo any benefits of the dissident
tally under a mountain of debits due to Trump wielding state power. If
we have lots of Green votes and lots of abstentions, but we get Trump in
the Oval Office, we have not achieved the best possible outcome we
could. More, nothing about wanting to develop a powerful, organized,
sustained, left opposition is inconsistent with wanting Clinton to win
the election itself. In fact, wanting Trump to lose is one aspect of
wanting the most powerful left after the election."

https://zcomm.org/znetarticle/we-need-a-united-left/