[Marxism] Brexit and imperial privilege

MM marxmail00 at gmail.com
Mon Jun 27 08:57:18 MDT 2016

> On Jun 27, 2016, at 5:08 AM, jamie pitman via Marxism <marxism at lists.csbs.utah.edu> wrote:
>
> MM wrote: “It’s bizarre how defensive left advocates of leave have been about this point; I haven’t seen a single serious example of this allegation, but it is repeatedly invoked by left advocates of leave, and always defensively. Very odd.”
>
> You must be joking?

Absolutely not, but I think you missed (or misunderstood) the word “serious” in my comment. Nobody should be surprised that the mainstream press is entertaining this line, but where are examples of this allegation coming from the left? Why does every criticism of support for "leave” evoke the defensive protestation that it "wasn’t just about racism”, even when the criticism doesn’t suggest it was?