[Marxism] Brexit and imperial privilege

marinercarpentry at gmail.com marinercarpentry at gmail.com
Mon Jun 27 15:30:39 MDT 2016

I’m not sure I understand what point you’re making...the insinuation seems to be along the lines of ‘the lady doth protest too much’? I’m also unsure about who you would identify as ‘the left’ in the UK; the only thing really happening here is Momentum. Nobody takes the swp seriously anymore since Martin Smith, Corbyn, Lexit; the average age of its membership is frightening – one cold winter and the party would be decimated. And for the time being, Left Unity function as an adjunct to Momentum as far as I can see.

Anyway, having now read the Huff Post article, and with more incidents reported today, I would have to say I’m feeling more than a dose of buyer’s remorse. Re: Seymour’s article - Nobody on the far left that I know of ever thought of the EU ref as anything but a toss-up between two shitty options (he seems to infer he’s some sort of seer working for the institute of the brain-numbingly obvious). Plus he seems more than comfortable indulging Project Sneer himself.

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

From: MM