[Marxism] Corbyn's fate

Anthony Hartin anthony.hartin at desy.de
Wed Jun 29 02:08:15 MDT 2016

Hi Gary,

When I lived in the UK, I didnt go to every demo, but just about every
demo I did go to, Corbyn was speaking at. What astonished me was that
the Labour Party could still house someone like him. While the likes of
Corbyn, Diane Abbott etc. are still in there, I can't completely hate
the Labour Party.

I think the Blairites (and the "softies" in between) are unable to
psychologically process that Corbyn is not acting out of ego but out of
principle - and so wont fold under 10 times the pressure that any of
them could tolerate.

Corbyn knows he is a left pole of attraction at the moment, no matter
how long or short-lived it will be. I'm sure he didnt expect it, but
there it is. He wont budge until the members vote him out. I expect that
the members admiration will have grown. If Corbyn survives until the
next election, we can only hope that Momentum and other Left currents
grow and the blairites are deselected.

--
Anthony Hartin

DESY, CFEL, room 99/03.114