[Marxism] Corbyn's fate

Gary MacLennan gary.maclennan1 at gmail.com
Wed Jun 29 03:49:59 MDT 2016

Hi Anthony

good to hear from you. I am currently living on a diet of Richard Seymour's
tweets! (& what Lou forwards to the list). So it is hard for me to guess at
the mood.  The Guardian is infuriating in its stupid comment about the
Corbyn "experiment".  I feel like resorting to obscenities to describe
them.

Richard in one of his tweets said there were cracks coming in the union
front, but he appears to think their support for Corbyn will stay solid. If
they do, then the goose of the Blairites is cooked.

I wonder if listers agree with me that the Blairites overplayed their hand,
such is their born to rule arrogance.

I am convinced (hoping?) that the election for the Labour leader will turn
out to be a "fête dans les rues." Certainly it is a chance for Momentum to
drive home their hegemony on the Left.  BTW I cannot see this campaign
being as friendly as the last one.

Having said all that a small part of me thinks that another effort will be
made to reach a deal and so prevent an election for leader.

comradely

Gary