[Marxism] Corbyn's fate

Anthony Hartin anthony.hartin at desy.de
Wed Jun 29 13:16:57 MDT 2016

Hi Gary,

Looks like our side are standing strong. The big four unions are all in
support of Corbyn. The Blairites are struggling to find a candidate to
run against Corbyn - Watson wont run & Eagle's own constituency has come
out in support of Corbyn. There is more and more talk of the Blairites
splitting. My take is that they (the Blairites) have been chafing at the
bit & cant stand listening to progressive politics anymore. They tried
it on with the "anti-semitisim" furphy a few weeks ago & now they've
jumped the gun, waving their swords around and leaving only their own
blood on the floor and walls.

I am hoping now for a repeat in the conservatives. I can't believe the
old wounds wont open up over Brexit. By the time of the next election,
which I dont think is that far away, it could be anyone's game. If the
Blairites go, then the space opens up for Corbyn and co to really push
progressive politics.

cheers,

Tony