[Marxism] Althusser vs. Althusser

Juan Andres Gallardo juanagallardo at gmail.com
Tue Nov 1 05:01:01 MDT 2016

Over the past few years there has been renewed interest in his thought
worldwide, a phenomenon which has several explanations: his historically
decisive significance in intellectual debate in France and Great Britain,
the recovery of the *later Althusser* who supported a *materialism of the
Encounter*, and finally the development of diverse reflections on the
relations between structuralism, post-structuralism and post-Marxism.

In this article, we reflect on aspects of Althusser’s thought using some of
his works as a point of reference. We also utilize Warren Montag’s *Althusser
and his contemporaries [Philosophy’s perpetual war]* [1], published in
2013, which is an important contribution to our knowledge of the
development of his thought and critical analysis of Althusser.

Full text:

http://www.leftvoice.org/Althusser-vs-Althusser