[Marxism] Fwd: Michael Moore Wants A Spot in Hillary’s Cabinet

Ernest Leif ernestleif at gmail.com
Tue Nov 1 12:13:15 MDT 2016

Moore is a schmuck. Back in 2001 I was working for NYT Television, a
digital sweatshop that produced shlock reality shows with winning titles
such as "Code Blue", and "Paramedics". We were a super exploited bunch. And
so a few of us organized the shop which brought us into The Motion Picture
Editors Guild. Needless to say I couldn't get a job in reality after that.

I did hope that I could land an entry level gig with Moore or maybe even
Barbara Kopple. To my surprise both refused to sign contracts with what
Hollywood calls "below the line" guilds, those who represent many of the
blue collar type jobs in the industry but also those that are thought of as
artistic, such as set decorators and editors. However, Moore's company, I
was told, sighed a contract with the DGA which meant that as the director
he was covered under the collective bargaining agreement entitling him to
all the fringe benefits and royalties denied to the other workers on his
shows.