[Marxism] New on Redline blog

Philip Ferguson philipferguson8 at gmail.com
Wed Nov 2 21:14:20 MDT 2016

This week the Rail Maritime Transport union in NZ discussed disaffiliating
from the NZ Labour Party, a step we at Redline strongly favour.
The article below about the RMT move contains links to our articles on
unions and the NZ Labour Party:

https://rdln.wordpress.com/2016/11/01/rail-maritime-transport-union-discussing-disaffiliation-from-labour/

Ditch Labour, fight for workers' rights: this article contains links to
pieces on alternatives:
https://rdln.wordpress.com/2016/11/01/ditch-labour-fight-for-workers-rights/

Writing from Canada, Nizar Visram sees the US presdiential contest as
tweedlee-dee and tweedle-dum:
https://rdln.wordpress.com/2016/11/01/us-presidential-election-tweedledum-vs-tweedledee/
A reader in New York, however, disagrees with parts of Nizar's analysis -
see the discussion section below the article.

We reprint Australian Marxist Corey Oakley's important article on Syria and
the western left:
https://rdln.wordpress.com/2016/10/29/the-war-in-syria-and-responses-of-the-left-in-the-west/

And a recent presentation by Yassamine Mather on the left and what's
happening in Syria now:
https://rdln.wordpress.com/2016/10/29/the-left-and-whats-happening-in-syria-now/

And several old articles from our former publications on Labour and
immigration policy:

Labour's repressive 2008 immigration legislation - an attack on all
workers:
https://rdln.wordpress.com/2016/10/28/from-the-vaults-labours-repressive-2008-immigration-legislation-an-attack-on-all-workers/

When Labour began the dawn raids and then tried to rewrite history:
https://rdln.wordpress.com/2016/10/27/from-the-vaults-when-labour-began-the-dawn-raids-and-then-tried-to-rewrite-history/

Immigration and citizenship: Labour versus workers:
https://rdln.wordpress.com/2016/10/27/from-the-vaults-immigration-and-citizenship-labour-versus-workers/

Phil