[Marxism] So Alison Weir supports Trump (big surprise)

Jeff meisner at xs4all.nl
Sun Nov 6 15:32:50 MST 2016

On 2016-11-06 23:24, Louis Proyect via Marxism wrote:

> What are you saying? That Doug Henwood was trying to boost the Trump
> vote?

I'm not talking about any leftists doing analysis. That's in a different
ballpark. I'm talking about agitation against Clinton where the clear
effect is to boost her opponent. But indeed, there is a layer that I
used to call part of the "left" like Mike Whitney or Julian Assange
(actually he never even claimed to be left) which is consistently
supporting the far-right in the name of anti-imperialism, and in whose
cases I guess this does apply. But essentially no one on this list is in
that category. We can discuss both candidates or the impossible
candidates (Stein etc.) to our hearts content without causing the
slightest actual effect on the election outcome.
- Jeff