[Marxism] Give The People What They Want: DSA Members on 2016 and Beyond

Tristan Sloughter t at crashfast.com
Mon Nov 7 15:43:09 MST 2016

That is still a work in progress.

Part of why I joined the DSA is that I saw it as the org most likely to
take part in, and not be a hindrance on, the creation of a new party.
While I wasn't able to attend, I see events like The People's Summit as
bringing together the people and groups that would partly make up this
new party.

Maybe events like that and how the SA, ISO, DSA and others took some
part around the Sanders campaign shows it isn't too early to attempt a
plan of action for building such a party.

It is a thought I'm going to bring up. Usually it feels like everyone
(as in people in the SA, ISO, DSA, etc) thinks for now we continue on
with movement work and recruitment to our individual orgs, until we are
strong enough. But it can be hard to tell how strong the sum of the
parts is without work to first try bringing them together.

--
Tristan Sloughter
t at crashfast.com