[Marxism] Obama: ever the conciliatory dickwad

Louis Proyect lnp3 at panix.com
Wed Nov 9 16:13:08 MST 2016

Now, everybody is sad when their side loses an election, but the day
after we have to remember that we're actually all on one team. This is
an intramural scrimmage. We're not Democrats first. We're not
Republicans first. We are Americans first. We're patriots first.

We all want what's best for this country. That's what I heard in Mr.
Trump's remarks last night. That's what I heard when I spoke to him
directly. And I was heartened by that. That's what the country needs --
a sense of unity, a sense of inclusion, a respect for our institutions,
our way of life, rule of law, and respect for each other.

I hope that he maintains that spirit throughout this transition. And I
certainly hope that's how his presidency has a chance to begin.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/the-fix/wp/2016/11/09/transcript-president-obamas-remarks-on-donald-trumps-election/