[Marxism] A Blue Collar Town in Decline and in Despair Turns to Trump

Andrew Pollack acpollack2 at gmail.com
Thu Nov 10 07:39:35 MST 2016

As I may have mentioned I'm also from the Pittsburgh area (South Hills),
and my recollection is that as coal and steel disappeared,
healthcare/insurance/etc. moved in. Just checking one source it shows that
healthcare and healthcare support wages are below the national average -
and support jobs pay less than $15 an hour.
With ACA about to come under attack, it seems to me the single-payer
movement needs to be revived and to include fighting for higher wages,
organization, etc.