[Marxism] Chris Hedges: Trump Will Crush Dissent With Even Greater Violence and Savagery - TheRealNews

Mark Lause markalause at gmail.com
Fri Nov 11 06:28:20 MST 2016

Hedges is almost surely jumping the gun on this.  In response to the
encouragement of the most crude and bare-faced racist rhetoric in years,
enraged black, Latino, and Muslim youth are going to have to rediscover and
redeploy the old lessons to minimize their vulnerability to victimization
in making their responses.   The organized left per se is far too
irrelevant to concern the authorities . . . and this includes the 1.2
million Green voters who

If we take what Trump and his supporters said and are saying on face value,
they are more concerned about going after what they see as the privileged
"liberal" elites who have gotten special privileges under the law--"crooked
Hillary," etc.  I think that even the officials of this incoming
administration have to realize that that's a can of worms.  Like most of
Trump's more disturbing rhetoric, it was made for effect.  Actually doing
something to threaten the traditional structures of power or the
now-traditional exemptions of ruling class people from prosecution for
criminal activities would encourage sections of the ruling class itself to
pull the plug.

We have plenty of more tangible realities we need to worry about without
borrowing troubles that haven't come up yet.

In general, we should take the advice of General U.S. Grant and not worry
what the enemy might do to us and start planning what we're going to do to
them..

ML