[Marxism] Fwd: A Trump boom? | Michael Roberts Blog

Louis Proyect lnp3 at panix.com
Tue Nov 22 06:01:02 MST 2016

Finance capital is getting very positive about Trumponomics with its
plans for cutting taxes (both corporate and personal), reducing the
regulation of the banks and implementing range of infrastructure
projects to create jobs and boost investment.  But even assuming all
this would happen under a Trump presidency, will it really get the US
economy out of its depressingly slow crawl?  In my last post, I doubted
it.  Now JP Morgan economists have taken a similar sceptical line.

They reckon Trump’s agenda will likely yield little impact on US
employment and inflation in the next two years, while tax cuts will
boost growth by only a modest 0.4 percentage points by the end of 2018
(i.e. over two years) at most.

full: https://thenextrecession.wordpress.com/2016/11/22/a-trump-boom/