[Marxism] Fwd: Meet Shmuley Boteach, the Right-Wing Reality Show 'Rabbi' Hustling His Way Into the Trump Campaign | Alternet

Louis Proyect lnp3 at panix.com
Wed Nov 23 08:15:00 MST 2016

As is obvious from the last couple of days, the NY Times is trying to
spin Donald Trump as moving toward the center. Although reading Thomas
Friedman is a painful experience, I checked his op-ed column today since
its title was "At Lunch, Donald Trump Gives Critics Hope". Poorly
written as usual, it was filled with bromides along these lines. This
one really had me laughing out loud:

->Speaking of the Middle East, Trump said unprompted: “I would love to
be able to be the one that made peace with Israel and the Palestinians,”
adding, “I have reason to believe I can do that.” And he hinted that his
son-in-law, Jared Kushner, could be his special envoy and “he’d be very
good at it. … He knows the region.” (Wow, watching Trump try to forge a
deal between Bibi Netanyahu and the Palestinians would be pay-per-view!)<-

In fact, this is complete bullshit. Kushner has lined up the disgusting
Shmuley Boteach to semi-official status as Trump's court Jew as well as
hiring him to wrote columns for his NY Observer, a one-time liberal
weekly that is to the right of the NY Post now. This is a useful article
on all this:

http://www.alternet.org/grayzone-project/meet-shmuley-boteach-right-wing-reality-show-rabbi-hustling-his-way-trump-campaign