[Marxism] Vas Bien Fidel.

Prashad, Vijay Vijay.Prashad at trincoll.edu
Sun Nov 27 20:05:05 MST 2016

In today's The Hindu, I have a short remembrance of Fidel Castro as the conscience of the Third World. It is based on watching him at the 1983 New Delhi NAM and then at the 2001 WCAR in Durban. He was the shadow all over my book, The Darker Nations. You can find the essay here, http://www.thehindu.com/opinion/op-ed/The-voice-of-the-Third-World/article16711547.ece.

Also, in rediff, Prakash Karat of the CPIM has a short remembrance of Castro as the living embodiment of the Revolution, http://www.rediff.com/news/special/prakash-karat-fidel-the-eternal-revolutionary/20161127.htm.

In ten days, in Frontline, you can find my longer essay on Cuba and US imperialism.

Warm regards, Vijay.

Vijay Prashad
Professor of International Studies
Author: The Death of the Nation and the Future of the Arab Revolution (2016<http://www.ucpress.edu/book.php?isbn=9780520293267>).
Co-Editor (with Karim Makdisi): Land of Blue Helmets: The United Nations and the Arab World (2016<http://www.ucpress.edu/book.php?isbn=9780520286948>).
Columnist: Frontline, Alternet and BirGün.