[Marxism] Fwd: MRZine and the White Helmets

Louis Proyect lnp3 at panix.com
Sat Oct 1 09:26:00 MDT 2016

On 10/1/16 11:13 AM, Mike Sola via Marxism wrote:

> I asked what I think is a legitimate question.

Sorry, I had you confused with another Mike.

In terms of your question, I have no problem with the White Helmets
getting $23 million from the State Department. In fact, I have had no
problem with the USA giving money to the FSA that used it to buy
weapons. I only wish that the USA had kept its fucking money and
withdrew the CIA agents stationed on the Syrian border whose job it was
to prevent MANPAD's from reaching the rebels.

The USA also armed and trained Mao and Ho Chi Minh's fighters during
WWII for that matter:

While Ho Chi Minh was in Paise attempting to revitalize the Dong Minh
Hoi, a U.S. military intelligence officer arrived in Kunming to join the
OSS unit there. Captain Archimedes “Al” Patti had served in the European
Theater until January 1944, when he was transferred to Washington, D.C.,
and appointed to the Indochina desk at OSS headquarters. A man of
considerable swagger and self-confidence, Patti brought to his task a
strong sense of history and an abiding distrust of the French and their
legacy in colonial areas. It was from the files in Washington, D.C. that
he first became aware of the activities of the Vietminh Front and its
mysterious leader, Ho Chi Minh.

https://louisproyect.org/2013/06/17/imperialism-counterhegemonic-blocs-and-the-syrian-revolution/

And you are right. I have no idea who you are and what your politics
are. But when you make a stink about people rescuing people from bombed
out buildings at the very moment hospitals are being targeted in East
Aleppo, I can put two and two together.