[Marxism] Fukushima radiation has contaminated the entire Pacific Ocean

Jeff meisner at xs4all.nl
Mon Oct 3 13:15:46 MDT 2016

On 2016-10-03 20:17, Dennis Brasky via Marxism wrote:

> Your method seems to be "false by association". Sorry - not good
> enough.

No, that wouldn't be good enough. But I did a quick look at the article
and the links supporting its conclusions and can say that they appear no
more credible than the one about the Rothschilds. I'd expect that the
links forwarded by Les (which I haven't read, don't need to) would
contain more trustworthy information.

Specifically what I noted immediately were claims of the sort:

"Iodine-131 levels in the air that were up to 300 times above the normal
background levels..... as high as nearly 1,000 times background levels"

This is laughable. Iodine 131 has a half-life of only 8 days. Thus it
essentially doesn't persist in the environment and 1000x background
levels would still be almost nothing.

I would never downplay the dangers of low-level radiation or radioactive
isotope contamination, since a safe "lower limit" probably doesn't
exist, and awareness of its danger has consistently increased over the
last century or so. However comparing the danger of radioactive
contamination diluted by something as large as the pacific ocean with
the REAL danger faced by Japanese living near (or not so near) to
Fukushima, is even worse than comparing the danger of "terrorism" in
Western Europe to what people face in Syria.

- Jeff