[Marxism] Riad Alarian responds to Max Blumenthal on FB

Louis Proyect lnp3 at panix.com
Mon Oct 3 18:53:25 MDT 2016

On 10/3/16 8:26 PM, A.R. G via Marxism wrote:
> But I do not expect that much of him or other Western journalists in the
> first place. Is it really fair to say his journalist contributions on other
> issues should be thrown to the wind over his statements about the White
> Helmets?

Oh, please, Amith. Blumenthal and Ben Norton for that matter will go
unscathed because they get called out for writing lies. The only people
pissed at him are Syrians and who cares about them?

Here's the deal. Any journalist who writes lies should get called out
whether it is Judith Miller or Max Blumenthal. In fact, up until now
there has only been minor carping about Blumenthal who mainly wrote
obnoxious Tweets about Syria. But this article is truly toxic stuff,
filled with half-truths and outright lies. When you write shit that
justifies Assad's genocidal attack on Aleppo, that is no different than
Tablet or Hillel defending the IDF bombing in Gaza. I reserve the right
to blast the Israel lobby and the Baathist amen corner.