[Marxism] My article on The Green Party and Syria

Louis Proyect lnp3 at panix.com
Tue Oct 4 12:31:56 MDT 2016

Over the past five years, I have written 204 articles about Syria in the
hopes that I might convince the left to support the Syrian rebels. The
Syrian revolution is our generation’s version of the Spanish Civil War.
Unlike the 1930s, however, much of the left today is backing the Syrian
equivalent of General Francisco Franco’s fascist military in Spain.

Given my commitment to the struggle against Syrian President Bashar
Al-Assad, many of my friends and colleagues wonder why I am supporting
the Green Party candidacy of Jill Stein and Ajamu Baraka, whose
positions on Syria are exactly those I have been writing against for the
past five years. The time has come to explain this paradox, but, before
doing so, it would be useful to examine closely what Stein and Baraka
have said on the Syria issue, if for no other reason than to confront
the actual record.

full: http://muftah.org/green-party-syria/