[Marxism] Syria maps

Louis Proyect lnp3 at panix.com
Thu Oct 13 12:41:14 MDT 2016

On 10/13/16 2:16 PM, Andrew Stewart via Marxism wrote:
> Actually Louis that is not Marxism at all, it is geology and a basic
> diagnosis of the geopolitical tensions. Whatever ideas you have about
> the events in Syria and people who you disagree with has absolutely
> nothing to do with this one.

The problem is that you describe the pipeline as helping the public
understand "the bigger picture behind the fighting" when it fact it does
no such thing.

The fighting in Syria is not over pipelines but over whether a family
dynasty based on oligarchic rule and mafioso violence should continue.

In fact, I posted a link to an article by Gareth Porter that refutes
such nonsense:

http://www.truth-out.org/news/item/37685-the-war-against-the-assad-regime-is-not-a-pipeline-war

I would have hoped that you would have taken the trouble to comment on
Porter's article. Perhaps the fact that both of you are Assadists might
have made such a task more difficult.