[Marxism] Syria maps

Louis Proyect lnp3 at panix.com
Fri Oct 14 09:04:41 MDT 2016

On 10/14/16 10:32 AM, Andrew Stewart via Marxism wrote:
> Do you understand how politicians can subvert a popular uprising
> against a government to serve their geopolitical interests or are you
> as stupid as your petty insults?

I guess so if this is a reference to Russia and Iran intervening in
Syria to crush that popular uprising.

But here's the real problem. You write:

"Gee, how ironic that ISIS just so happens to be massed around the areas
that the Saudis want to gain control of for their fossil fuel cartel.
Golly, I wonder if any of those maniacal princelings affiliated with the
House of Saud might be funneling money to ISIS?"

In fact, there are Saudis who are funding ISIS but they do so in
defiance of the official state policy of opposing ISIS. In fact al-Qaeda
and its offshoot ISIS are deeply opposed to the royal family.

This confusion is rampant on the Baathist amen corner, which for obvious
reasons tries to make an amalgam between jihadists and the ordinary
Syrian rebel who fights not for recreating a caliphate but for the right
to live in freedom and dignity.