[Marxism] Fwd: Thus Spoke Hala

Louis Proyect lnp3 at panix.com
Sat Oct 15 12:12:24 MDT 2016

“With freedom, books, flowers and the moon, who could not be happy?” –
Oscar Wilde

That’s what I kept telling myself during the long nights of power cuts
in my city. Gazing at the stars was and still is the only thing that
makes me feel connected to the universe. It helps me to forget the
random gun shots echoing nearby. My books were my gateway from reality –
my freedom. Well not really, but at least my spirit was free.

I must admit, it has not been easy living in Libya while being a person
who believes in peace, art and music, and it became harder for me after
the country was ravaged from war. I remember deciding that after the
revolution I would avoid politics and all civil initiatives. I was happy
at my newly started business, Awars Consultancy LLC., but happy days
don’t last for very long. The country entered into another armed
conflict; blood, destruction and oppression followed. We were watching
everything crumbling to dust; all of our dreams of bright futures,
social justice and prosperity. It was chaos on all levels including the
civil initiatives. I felt guilty being passive; and I decided to engage
more as a civil agent, to be a part of reshaping Libya, and somehow
contribute to creating a better future for the next generations.

https://hbugi.wordpress.com/