[Marxism] Syrian Suggestion

Michael Karadjis mkaradjis at gmail.com
Mon Oct 17 16:51:02 MDT 2016

Actually when Paddy wrote "US imperialism is a principal cause of the
instability there" I thought he was referring to Iraq, as his post was
about Iraq, so the statement was correct; and I thought Louis furious
response was misplaced, as he assumed Paddy to be talking about Syria.
But then Paddy reacts by affirming that "the principal source of
instability in *Syria* lies with US imperialism."

How in the world the principle cause of "instability", whatever that
means, in Syria can be the US is unknown. If only the S had given some
proper backing to the "unstable" revolutionary uprising it would have
been a good thing, but actually the US has been bombing Anyone But Assad
for 2 years while enforcing its embargo on anti-aircraft missiles from
getting to the FSA - the US is a major source of Assad's "stable"
tyranny staying in power.