[Marxism] FYI - statement on Syria

Jeff meisner at xs4all.nl
Tue Oct 18 08:12:29 MDT 2016

The same statement is now in final form, along with a handy endorsement
form you can use (or abuse, as I did):
     http://handsoffsyriacoalition.net/

It has a significantly longer endorsement list than before, though I
didn't see any on it that surprised me. The endorsements are
overwhelmingly from the US, reflecting the parochial attitude of the
underlying organizers. (But a surprising number from Germany, indicating
some connection I wouldn't have been aware of).

On 2016-10-16 00:48, Andrew Pollack via Marxism wrote:
> Hopefully folks who know signers will encourage them to unsign.

Sure, but I wouldn't expect too much. Anyone who would sign a statement
that calls for "An immediate end to all foreign aggression" and thinks
that such wording is equivalent to denouncing "the regime change
intervention by the United States, NATO and their regional allies" has
completely lost touch with reality!

- Jeff