[Marxism] Syria meeting at Barnard tonight

Louis Proyect lnp3 at panix.com
Thu Oct 20 09:25:57 MDT 2016

Today at 7 PM - 9 PM
Barnard College-Columbia University, Millbank Hall, Ella Weed Room (223)

In light of the boom in media attention on Syria's escalating war, and
the plethora of narratives, opinions and "expert views" resulting from
this, we believe the time is ripe for a forum that allows stories from
the ground to get amplified.

Join us at Columbia University for a town hall discussion with Syrian
doctors, relief workers, activists and international human rights
advocates on the humanitarian situation in Aleppo. The discussion will
focus on the escalating attacks on medical facilities and civilians in
the city, and will shed light on how doctors, relief workers and
civilians sustain life amidst these horrors.

Panel speakers:

Dr Abdulaziz, UOSSM - Relief Workers in Aleppo

Dr Hatem, Independent Doctors Association - Aleppo

Rami Jarrah, citizen journalist - Aleppo/Gaziantep

Lara Zakaria, Syrian-American Medical Society (SAMS)

Kathleen Fallon, Syria Campaign

Sarah Leah Whitson, MENA Director, Human Rights Watch

Moderators:
Malek Rasamny and Anna Reumert

The event is open to the public. Please arrive on time as we will begin
7pm sharp with a video message from our panel speaker in Aleppo. Doors
open at 6.30 PM.

The event is co-hosted by Students Organize for Syria (SOS) and is the
first in a series of Syria Panel Talks at Columbia this fall.