[Marxism] Fwd: The numbers game in East Aleppo | Louis Proyect: The Unrepentant Marxist

Louis Proyect lnp3 at panix.com
Fri Oct 21 12:23:35 MDT 2016

Last night I attended a panel discussion on the siege of East Aleppo
that left me depressed and angry, especially as its participants spelled
out the terrible beating that hospitals are taking. The event started
with a video narrated by Dr. Hatem who is the Director of the
Independent Doctor’s Association’s Children’s Hospital. It is not easy
to look at the footage of wounded children whose only offense was being
forced to live in a city that Assad deemed filled with terrorists. It
gave me the same sinking feeling I used to get when I worked at the
Memorial Sloan Kettering cancer hospital in the 1980s. When you see a
3-year old kid walking around with a medication bag attached to his or
her arm, you wonder how anybody can believe in god. After watching this
video about Russian and Baathist atrocities, you can easily end up
believing in the devil.

full: https://louisproyect.org/2016/10/21/the-numbers-game-in-east-aleppo/