[Marxism] Sam Charles Hamad - Intervention in Syria wouldn't start World War III

Louis Proyect lnp3 at panix.com
Mon Oct 24 10:58:16 MDT 2016

On 10/24/16 11:44 AM, Dennis Brasky via Marxism wrote:

> https://www.alaraby.co.uk/english/comment/2016/10/24/intervention-in-syria-wouldnt-start-world-war-iii

Sam Charles Hamad is cut from the same cloth as Clay Claiborne. The idea
that you would urge a vote for Hillary Clinton because she is for a NFZ
is pretty fucked up considering that when she was a Senator she voted
for the invasion of Afghanistan and Iraq that cost the lives of more
than a million Muslims.

Also, I am not sure whether it registered on Stein that answering the
questions of a woman who stuck a mike in front is exactly the same thing
as being a guest on Alex Jones's radio show. Stein's advisers hopefully
would have warned her about that.

I asked a physician from Aleppo at the Barnard meeting how important a
NFZ is to people there and whether they are looking forward to a Clinton
victory on that account. He responded that they gave up on the USA
providing any kind of significant help after Obama's "red line" empty
threats.

Finally, I have been rather put off over the past couple of years by the
rather porous border between Syrian solidarity activists like Hamad and
neocons. They have frequently crossposted links to articles by Kyle
Orton and Attila Hoare, the kind of neocons who signed the Euston
Manifesto. Just last week Idrees Ahmad was referring favorably to David
Petraeus. And this guy wrote a book about the invasion of Iraq no less.
It was this kind of stuff that finally got me so fed up I unsubbed from
Danny Postel's listserv on Syria.