[Marxism] Fwd: NATIONAL GEOGRAPHIC CHANNEL ANNOUNCES UNPRECEDENTED AND HISTORIC GLOBAL RELEASE OF BEFORE THE FLOOD

Louis Proyect lnp3 at panix.com
Mon Oct 24 16:25:51 MDT 2016

Highly recommended.

-------- Forwarded Message --------
Subject: 	NATIONAL GEOGRAPHIC CHANNEL ANNOUNCES UNPRECEDENTED AND
HISTORIC GLOBAL RELEASE OF BEFORE THE FLOOD
Date: 	Mon, 24 Oct 2016 17:31:42 -0400 (EDT)
From: 	Emilie Spiegel <emilie at cineticmedia.com>
To: 	lnp3 at panix.com

Some readers see this part of your email after the subject line in the
inbox. Write something brief and catchy, compelling them to open the email.

<http://your.website.address.here>

*NEWS ***
*NATIONAL GEOGRAPHIC CHANNEL ANNOUNCES UNPRECEDENTED AND HISTORIC GLOBAL
RELEASE OF /BEFORE THE FLOOD/ *
**
*Coinciding With Global Television Premiere on Sunday, Oct. 30, in 171
Countries and 45 Languages, /Before the Flood/ Will Also Be Released
Commercial Free On a Record Number of Digital and Streaming Platforms
Around the World*
**
*From Oct. 30 Through Nov. 6, Film Will Be Available for Free Via
Natgeotv.com, VOD/Video On Demand (through MVPD set-top boxes), MVPD
Sites and Apps, Nat Geo TV Apps (**iPhone, iPad and Apple TV, Roku,
Android phones, Xbox One and 360, Samsung Connected TVs), iTunes, Hulu,
YouTube, Facebook, Twitter, Amazon, Sony PlayStation, GooglePlay and More*
**
*/Before the Flood -/**Produced  by Leonardo DiCaprio, Fisher Stevens, *
*Brett Ratner and James Packer and**Executive Produced by Martin
Scorsese - Seeks to Bring Climate Change Discussions to the Forefront
Before the U.S. Presidential Election *
**
*(Washington, D.C. - Oct. 24, 2016) -* On the heels of last Friday's
theatrical release of the critically acclaimed film *Before the Flood*
in New York and Los Angeles, Courteney Monroe, CEO, National Geographic
Global Networks, today announced unprecedented plans to premiere *BEFORE
THE FLOOD* commercial free across digital and streaming platforms around
the world as part of the network's continued commitment to covering
climate change.
*BEFORE THE FLOOD*, the climate-change feature documentary produced and
directed by Academy Award-winning filmmaker Fisher Stevens alongside
producer, Academy Award-winning actor, environmental activist and U.N.
Messenger of Peace Leonardo DiCaprio will be made widely available
beginning the same day as its global television premiere on Sunday, Oct.
30, at 9 p.m. ET/8 p.m. CT on National Geographic Channels in 171
countries and 45 languages.
**
"In our minds, there is no more important story to tell, no more
important issue facing our planet than that of climate change," said
Monroe. "At National Geographic, we believe in the power of storytelling
to change the world, and this unprecedented release across digital and
streaming platforms is not only a first for our network but also in our
industry, underscoring how exceptional we think this film is and how
passionate we are about it. We are committed to ensuring as many people
as possible see this film as we head into U.S. elections."
Hailed by critics, *BEFORE THE FLOOD* will be made available for free
across a record number of digital and social platforms for seven days,
from Oct. 30 through Nov. 6.  This includes Natgeotv.com, VOD/Video On
Demand (through MVPD set-top boxes), MVPD Sites and Apps, Nat Geo TV
Apps (iPhone, iPad and Apple TV, Roku, Android phones, Xbox One and 360,
Samsung Connected TVs), iTunes, Hulu, YouTube, Facebook, Twitter,
Amazon, Sony PlayStation, GooglePlay and more.  Globally, the
distribution plan is also unprecedented in every market (outlined in the
chart at the end of the release).
In addition, at the end of the film, viewers will get a five-minute
sneak peek at *MARS*, from executive producers Brian Grazer and Ron
Howard, a global-event series that tells the epic story of mankind's
thrilling quest to colonize Mars, premiering Nov. 14 in the US (Nov. 13
globally).
"There is no greater threat to the future of our society than climate
change, and it must be a top issue for voters this election season,"
said DiCaprio. "Fisher and I set out to make a film to educate people
around the planet on the urgent issues of climate change and to inspire
them to be part of the solution. I applaud National Geographic for their
commitment to bringing this film to as many people as possible at such a
critical time."
Stevens added, "The level of support National Geographic is providing to
create awareness about climate change is exactly what Leo and I were
looking for when we made this film. Climate change is real, and we are
feeling its effects more and more every day; it's time we stop arguing
its existence, and do everything we can to bring this issue to the
forefront of people's minds so that real action is taken to combat
climate change.
*BEFORE THE FLOOD*, along with EmmyAward-winning documentary series
*Years of Living Dangerously*, will kick off *Earth Week* - a week of
programming beginning Oct. 30 on National Geographic Channel dedicated
to bringing awareness to the issues of climate change.
The feature documentary was also an official selection at the Toronto
Film Festival, London Film Festival and Hamptons International Film
Festival. Recently, *BEFORE THE FLOOD* was screened at the White House
as part of the South By South Lawn event on Oct. 3and at the United
Nations on Oct. 20, hosted by U.N. Secretary-General Ban-Ki-Moon with
U.S. Secretary of State John Kerry participating in a Q&A session. In
addition, the film is screening at over 250 colleges and universities
nationwide and being made available to churches and religious
institutions via Interfaith Power and Light.
As previously announced, National Geographic partnered with Rock the
Vote and theSkimm to ensure that everyone who attends a screening of
*BEFORE THE FLOOD* can register to vote and is informed on the issues.
Audiences will be encouraged to register to vote online at
rtvote.com/beforetheflood
<http://r20.rs6.net/tn.jsp?f=001n4UT6K9O88yNtkQ5AjELuPKIU0eCC_SLSmvo-rHZempDrCHasvg-pGmV6nLMJ8H56013kPfR87-oV5Nd9MZaFLjCkA2dyqNBT2YzBIKpzEIOGqhL50wByjIHEe6ie6fpCdimaTHXiQriXel4StJKTYWX2OsHnqzimdatvlxUblafr4hisQoD0Q==&c=kfX_yw4BYmVqCEP8zSHBQG0zmJq6kpVW5R8fo7W5gbn0kFF6B925Ow==&ch=t0A7P2vFL17x8O-_iBMg_Ye4qFH1vbY711wxQc_S_phXLsaKsYv0Uw==>or
by texting "BeforeTheFlood" or "BTF" to RTVOTE (788-683).
To bring visibility to the film *BEFORE THE FLOOD* and to the urgency of
taking action to combat climate change, National Geographic today has
also launched a social activation campaign, prompting fans to "Take
Action #BeforeTheFlood."  For every use of #BeforeTheFlood and/or the
phrase "Before the Flood" across Facebook, Twitter and Instagram and
every use of the *BEFORE THE FLOOD* custom Snapchat geo-filter during
select film screenings within the promotional period of Oct. 24 through
Nov. 18, National Geographic Channel and 21^st Century Fox will together
donate $1 to Pristine Seas and $1 to the Wildlife Conservation Society
for a total of up to $100,000 ($50,000 to each organization).
*BEFORE THE FLOOD*presents a riveting account of the dramatic changes
now occurring around the world due to climate change as well as the
actions we as individuals and as a society can take to prevent
catastrophic disruption of life on our planet. Serving as a warning
ahead of the U.S. elections this fall to vote for leaders who prioritize
climate change policies, the film also explains real, practical
solutions to help save the planet. DiCaprio interviews individuals from
every facet of society in both developing and developed nations who
provide unique, impassioned and pragmatic views on what must be done
today and in the future to transition our economic and political systems
into environmentally friendly institutions.
Interviews in the film include President Barack Obama, former President
Bill Clinton, Secretary of State Kerry, U.N. Secretary-General Ki-Moon
and Pope Francis as well as top NASA researchers, forest
conservationists, revered scientists, community leaders and fervent
activists working to save the world.
Trent Reznor & Atticus Ross, Gustavo Santaolalla and Mogwai created the
music for *Before The Flood*. Acting as music supervisors for the first
time, Reznor and Ross worked in tandem with Santaolalla and Mogwai to
compose a blend of music with a cohesive vision, resulting in the score
for the film along with a soundtrack that has been released through
Lakeshore/Invada Records. The soundtrack is currently available
exclusively at Apple (http://smarturl.it/amtbam
<http://r20.rs6.net/tn.jsp?f=001n4UT6K9O88yNtkQ5AjELuPKIU0eCC_SLSmvo-rHZempDrCHasvg-pGmV6nLMJ8H5YYL3STSQLvTsQBP06_pkgYAIhu8tj-LzhV1C1mwnTCEDrg1tRSavgGnb54MRE7xnbRQmtSEqWGwca8q-WK81z5YWpX28zRRA6-dMCOMUcvg=&c=kfX_yw4BYmVqCEP8zSHBQG0zmJq6kpVW5R8fo7W5gbn0kFF6B925Ow==&ch=t0A7P2vFL17x8O-_iBMg_Ye4qFH1vbY711wxQc_S_phXLsaKsYv0Uw==>)
and will be available at all digital retailers and streaming services on
October 28th. The 3xLP vinyl version is available for preorder as well
at http://smarturl.it/BeforeTheFlood
<http://r20.rs6.net/tn.jsp?f=001n4UT6K9O88yNtkQ5AjELuPKIU0eCC_SLSmvo-rHZempDrCHasvg-pGmV6nLMJ8H5wz3kX9LwwHycLcl7XlGVupNHZ1iHDBusBdiqumAnAQfhGbHjJ8OIrrMYKbJ1uzckeCAQ22Qvbv4hMDAwXEgkebmSu8F5m-eNizOrzegTPaZn0nCtx27-Ww==&c=kfX_yw4BYmVqCEP8zSHBQG0zmJq6kpVW5R8fo7W5gbn0kFF6B925Ow==&ch=t0A7P2vFL17x8O-_iBMg_Ye4qFH1vbY711wxQc_S_phXLsaKsYv0Uw==>.
The film marks National Geographic's continued push into premium
programming, cementing the network's position as a leader in science,
adventure and exploration.
For more information,**visit www.natgeotvpressroom.com
<http://r20.rs6.net/tn.jsp?f=001n4UT6K9O88yNtkQ5AjELuPKIU0eCC_SLSmvo-rHZempDrCHasvg-pGmV6nLMJ8H5eTim60904UB3IQ0ViUE1Uik5Asliw3zqKTgmfC2AuDSisZZwjRpNbPTt0wIqhQl-3OvSXZbV4isLoVXySx9so8lOvz5pWRVQxosd8E2nEPsBVdJOUkL38A==&c=kfX_yw4BYmVqCEP8zSHBQG0zmJq6kpVW5R8fo7W5gbn0kFF6B925Ow==&ch=t0A7P2vFL17x8O-_iBMg_Ye4qFH1vbY711wxQc_S_phXLsaKsYv0Uw==>or
follow us on Twitter using @NGC_PR.
NATIONAL GEOGRAPHIC PRESENTSWITHRATPAC DOCUMENTARY FILMS
AN APPIAN WAY PRODUCTION IN ASSOCIATION WITH INSURGENT DOCS AND DIAMOND DOCS
A FILM BY LEONARDO DiCAPRIO AND FISHER STEVENS
*BEFORE THE FLOOD*
WRITTEN BY MARK MONROEEDITED BY GEOFFREY RICHMAN A.C.E  BEN SOZANSKI
ABHAY SOFSKY ANDBRETT BANKS
CINEMATOGRAPHER ANTONIO ROSSIEXECUTIVE MUSIC PRODUCERS TRENT REZNOR&
ATTICUS ROSS
MUSIC BY TRENT REZNOR& ATTICUS ROSS, GUSTAVO SANTAOLALLA AND MOGWAI
EXECUTIVE PRODUCERSMARTIN SCORSESE ADAM BARDACH MARK MONROEAND ZARA DUFFY
PRODUCED BY FISHER STEVENS TREVOR DAVIDOSKI JENNIFER DAVISSON BRETT
RATNER ANDJAMES PACKER
PRODUCED BY LEONARDO DiCAPRIODIRECTED BY FISHER STEVENS
© 2016 RatPac Documentary Films, LLC and Greenhour Corporation, Inc.
All rights reserved.

***

REGION

TV

Digital

Social
Global

NG.com
iTunes
Amazon
Google Play
Xbox
Sony PlayStation
Vudu

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube

UNITED STATES

Nat Geo
Nat Geo Wild
Nat Geo Mundo
MVPD On Demand

Nat Geo TV^
Fox Now^
FX Now^
Hulu

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube

^NatGeo TV, Fox Now, FX Now available on iOS, Android, Roku, Apple TV,
Xbox, Samsung, MVPD sites and O&O sites
ASIA

Nat Geo/NG HD
Nat Geo Wild
Nat Geo People
Showcase (Australia)
FOX Life (India, Korea)
Star Movies/HD (Taiwan, UAE)
FOX (Taiwan, Korea)
FX (Korea)
STAR World (Taiwan)
SCC (Taiwan)
Fox Sports/FS 3 (Taiwan)
FSE (Japan)
SEC HD (Taiwan)
SCM HD (Taiwan)
BS Skapa (Japan)
TVBS 56 (Taiwain)
PTS (Taiwan)
EBS
Hikari TV (Japan)
K-Opticom (Japan)
Kintetsu Cable (Japan)

Natgeotv.com
Natgeo.com
Nat Geo Play
FoxTel Go (Australia)
HotStar VOD (India)
Hulu (Japan)
J:Com on Demand (Japan)
UULA (Japan)
dTV (Japan)
Singtel VOD (Singapore)
StarHub VOD (Singapore)
Astro VOD (Malaysia)
Now Video Express (HK)
NOW VOD (HK)
i-Cable App (HK)
Sky on Demand (Philippins)
Yahoo (HK)
Fox.co.id (Indonesia)

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube

EUROPE

Nat Geo
Nat Geo Wild
Nat Geo People
Fox (FTA Finland)
Show Max (SVOD Africa)
Sky VOD (UK, Germany, Italy)
Telia TV Everywhere (Scandi)
Boxer Play Service (Scandi)
Canal Digital Go (Scandi)
Telekom (Hungary)
Telekom (Slovenia)
TVN Player (Poland)

Nat Geo Play
Fox Play
Natgeotv.com
Sky.de (Germany)
Spiegel.de (Germany)
Nat-geo.ru (NGM Russia)
NTV (Russia)
MTS (Russia)
YouSee Clear (Denmark)
CNN.gr (Greece)
Kathimerini.gr (Greece)
Skytg24.it (Italy)
Repubblica.it
<http://r20.rs6.net/tn.jsp?f=001n4UT6K9O88yNtkQ5AjELuPKIU0eCC_SLSmvo-rHZempDrCHasvg-pGmV6nLMJ8H55n7DunBgcE64__fsVCpzSriNuM5irEuJ9_RySTHND0A7ygXbUQWHOA1yj-Lrz1VG-jx1xsKQ7E4jMqgbnSn1sbF3EUdDCCg2y_uAOpnfNpo=&c=kfX_yw4BYmVqCEP8zSHBQG0zmJq6kpVW5R8fo7W5gbn0kFF6B925Ow==&ch=t0A7P2vFL17x8O-_iBMg_Ye4qFH1vbY711wxQc_S_phXLsaKsYv0Uw==>(Italy)
Ilsole24ore.com
<http://r20.rs6.net/tn.jsp?f=001n4UT6K9O88yNtkQ5AjELuPKIU0eCC_SLSmvo-rHZempDrCHasvg-pGmV6nLMJ8H5TV2usUquH0LF0ohdJZOb5HNpqyVUrtVfyLxNc0gwV4q2AaaLJ1gDwHN6jPKVpQya8BR7Wk8Uc2Hv5vWSGoPUpwU3KKcV4m-v8vkS6UEBWGEJ286srleXxA==&c=kfX_yw4BYmVqCEP8zSHBQG0zmJq6kpVW5R8fo7W5gbn0kFF6B925Ow==&ch=t0A7P2vFL17x8O-_iBMg_Ye4qFH1vbY711wxQc_S_phXLsaKsYv0Uw==>(Italy)
Radiozet (Poland)
Idivide.com.mk (Balkans)
Indavideo.hu (Hungary)
www.nu.nl
<http://r20.rs6.net/tn.jsp?f=001n4UT6K9O88yNtkQ5AjELuPKIU0eCC_SLSmvo-rHZempDrCHasvg-pGmV6nLMJ8H5z443QZ69leslQ1J_kxmsF8jSNBEGGHqbx_AEDz93ui-ai-JV01ZIwdbbGCBIYBwn9_xakMK_AhY7Vj9uxH9c61AeNekvNGCj&c=kfX_yw4BYmVqCEP8zSHBQG0zmJq6kpVW5R8fo7W5gbn0kFF6B925Ow==&ch=t0A7P2vFL17x8O-_iBMg_Ye4qFH1vbY711wxQc_S_phXLsaKsYv0Uw==>(Netherlands)
Terramagazin.ro (Romania)
Stiinatsitehnica.com (Romania)
Historia.ru (Romania)
Idnes.ca (Czech)
stream.cz (Czech)
Starsat.co.za (Africa)
Dstv.co.za (Africa)

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Daily Motion

LATIN AMERICA

Nat Geo
Nat Geo Wild
FOX1

Nat Geo Play
Fox Play
Natgeotv.com
Natgeo.com

Facebook
YouTube

*FULL GLOBAL DISTRIBUTION PLAN INCLUDES*: *

**Subject to changes and additions as the rollout begins Oct. 30.*

*National Geographic Channels *

The NationalGeographic Channels (The Channels) form the television and
production arm ofNational Geographic Partners, a joint venture between
21stCentury Fox and the NationalGeographic Society. As a global leader
in premium science, adventure andexploration programming, the Channels
include:National Geographic Channel(NGC), Nat Geo WILD, Nat Geo People
and Nat Geo MUNDO. Additionally, theChannels also run the in-house
televisionproduction unit, National GeographicStudios. The Channels
contribute to the National Geographic Society'scommitment to
exploration, conservation andeducation with entertaining,innovative
programming from A-level talent around the world, and with profitsthat
help support the society's mission. Globally,NGC isavailable in more
than 440 million homes in 171 countries and 45languages, and Nat Geo
WILD is available in 131 countries and 38languages.National Geographic
Partners is also a leader in social media,with a fan base of 250 million
people across all of its social pages. NGCcontributes over 55million
social media fans globally on Facebookalone. For more information, visit
www.natgeotv.com
<http://r20.rs6.net/tn.jsp?f=001n4UT6K9O88yNtkQ5AjELuPKIU0eCC_SLSmvo-rHZempDrCHasvg-pGmV6nLMJ8H5S90uN9LVKpz2APpTF3C3ApwiCRMjpvSv-6z31BqT-gBhYAsSF39scNdLfFEG3aoJO0ixxadqTyVOdi8sYa2iQ1oKIpvM-qzbjK83mjZN_A0=&c=kfX_yw4BYmVqCEP8zSHBQG0zmJq6kpVW5R8fo7W5gbn0kFF6B925Ow==&ch=t0A7P2vFL17x8O-_iBMg_Ye4qFH1vbY711wxQc_S_phXLsaKsYv0Uw==>
and www.natgeowild.com
<http://r20.rs6.net/tn.jsp?f=001n4UT6K9O88yNtkQ5AjELuPKIU0eCC_SLSmvo-rHZempDrCHasvg-pGmV6nLMJ8H53vdm7-83Obgin1wnMhMM9qGYOJKogu6EJ-cB1dR0p_hvU09YKfrdTtPWa2gKhhTpLeA-s-y2rBIGY7ea4024bOB7cOevVYNUshmX-Efbr-Y=&c=kfX_yw4BYmVqCEP8zSHBQG0zmJq6kpVW5R8fo7W5gbn0kFF6B925Ow==&ch=t0A7P2vFL17x8O-_iBMg_Ye4qFH1vbY711wxQc_S_phXLsaKsYv0Uw==>.

*Media Contacts*
Chris Albert, 202-912-6526, chris.albert at natgeo.com
<mailto:chris.albert at natgeo.com>
Kristin Montalbano, 202-912-3244, Kristin.montalbano at natgeo.com
<mailto:Kristin.montalbano at natgeo.com>
Erin Griffin, 202-912-6681, erin.griffin at natgeo.com
<mailto:erin.griffin at natgeo.com>

See what's happening on our social sites
Facebook <#>

Twitter <#>

LinkedIn <#>

Pinterest <#>

Sara Sampson,555 West 25th St,Fl 4, New York, NY 10001
SafeUnsubscribe™ lnp3 at panix.com
<https://visitor.constantcontact.com/do?p=un&m=001Y5kKTDBCK4SoxLmitXNbZA%3D%3D&ch=8b2d10d0-7d7c-11e3-ba25-d4ae5292bb50&ca=0e813680-ae87-4c09-ad09-d2129983cd51>

Forward this email
<http://ui.constantcontact.com/sa/fwtf.jsp?llr=5g6d97oab&m=1115510928606&ea=lnp3%40panix.com&a=1126214544414>