[Marxism] Muftah.org and Verso Books present: "Syria and the Left"

Louis Proyect lnp3 at panix.com
Tue Oct 25 12:28:19 MDT 2016

On 10/25/16 2:09 PM, Andrew Pollack via Marxism wrote:
> I believe this event is a huge mistake:
> 1) It's characterization of Blumenthal as "Left" is mistaken:

I wish that was true. Unfortunately, we are dealing with a situation not
unlike the 1930s when the CP had hegemony. It was a party that justified
the Moscow Trials. It was also a party that fought against Jim Crow.
Blumenthal's "Goliath" was an important book and I am quite sure he is
capable of writing other useful take-downs of the Zionist entity. You
need to approach these questions dialectically.