[Marxism] more on the Dylan thread

Greg McDonald gregmc59 at gmail.com
Wed Oct 26 05:48:07 MDT 2016

On his later work, i have not read Maqusee's newest edition, "Wicked
Messenger", but I am a huge fan of albums such as "Oh Mercy", "Time out of
Mind", "Love and Theft", and "Modern Times".  Dylan uses the backdrop of
the apocalypse to create a mood that matches the inner emotions of
heartbreak and loss. Below are a few examples:

Not Dark Yet (but it's getting there)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RZgBhyU4IvQ#t=325.002083

Love Sick

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Abbu5hcH0kk

Cold Irons Bound

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9hO-83CIVKM

When the Deal Goes Down

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CEoGqUqy-0w

Things Have Changed

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L9EKqQWPjyo

And here's our favorite son Chris Robinson and the Brotherhood doing a
Dylan cover:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y1wJAWdAR1w

Sure am glad Chris doesn't have to scream over Rich and Marc's guitars
anymore.